Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Barn Time

Yesterday, my twin Kim made her weekly trek up to her barn to visit our horse. This week, I decided to accompany her. 
 During this time of the year, the barn is beautiful with all of the fall colors and beautiful estate near the barns.
 This is Lucy. My family bought Lucy when my twin began riding at the end of last year. On occasion, I try (hence try) riding Lucy. People usually think that riding a horse is easy and leisurely, which it can be. In my sisters case, riding a hose competitively is nothing to sneeze at. I'm not going to lie, after my first lesson, I was incredibly sore. I gained a lot more respect for riders after that, that's for sure!
 This is the main barn. It houses a majority of the horses, but because of the vast amount of boarders at the barn, they have other barns to keep the overflow horses.
Here's the indoor arena. Kim often rides in here because 1. it is larger than the outdoor arena, and 2. the weather won't affect them.
 This is my friend's horse, Olano. She leases Olano, unlike my family who owns Lucy. Olano sticks out his tongue like this whenever he wants a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment